The 1872 Clipper Tea Co.
In 1872, a young Ceylonese by the name of Balage Porolis de Silva planted his roots in Singapore bringing along with him his love for Ceylon’s finest teas at a jewellery boutique along High Street. Hailing from Sri Lanka where having tea is a daily ritual for relaxation and enjoyment, he wanted to enhance his customers’ appreciation of jewellery with tea. This family-run business has kept his legacy of artistry and craftsmanship alive through five generations. The name, 1872 Clipper Tea Co., pays homage to the historic Clipper ships that raced to carry the freshest teas to all around the world.